COVID 19 RESPONSE
- Ensure that families negatively impacted have adequate food, housing, health care, and children’s educational opportunities.
- Maintain a comprehensive public health strategy, providing special protection for essential workers, and implementing effective preventive measures in the community at large.
LIVING WAGES AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
- Ensure employees receive a living wage for all work funded by our tax dollars
- Secure continued funding for the successful job-training program Capital IDEA
- Protect worker safety policies
- Oppose homestead exemption increases unless shown to protect critical investments
AFFORDABLE HOUSING AND HOMELESSNESS
- Include affordable housing as an integral part of the land development code, especially to ensure racial and economic equity
- Preserve existing affordable housing and ensure bond investment for low-income families
- Develop a comprehensive strategy to end homelessness in Central Texas
- Regulate payday lending and provide affordable alternatives
- Implement effective community policing strategies
- Work for criminal justice and court reform policies, especially to address systemic racial and ethnic disparities
- Enact common sense gun safety measures to protect the safety of our communities
SUSTAINABILITY AND CLIMATE CHANGE
- Implement policies which promote sustainability in Central Texas through significant investments in infrastructure, public transportation, parks, lighting, and renewable energy.
- Develop programs to prevent and reduce the impacts of climate change
- Overturn SB4; pass comprehensive immigration reform that would resolve DACA, provide a pathway to citizenship others, and provide for family reunification
- Pass legislation to allow undocumented immigrants to obtain a valid Texas driver’s license
ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE
- Expand accessibility and funding for Medicaid, CHIP, Medicare, elder care, disability, and mental health services in Texas; reduce the cost of prescription drugs and treatments
- Increase public school funding and ensure a safe and supportive school environment.
- Support neighborhood schools and promote restorative discipline
|SUPPORT THE AGENDA BY SIGNING ON HERE|
See the full agenda of issues at: