Mayor Steve Adler and Council members Greg Casar, Ann Kitchen and Leslie Pool celebrated the passage of what Austin Interfaith leader Rabbi Alan Freedman called a "living budget" alongside organization leadership the day after it passed.
Austin Interfaith furthermore celebrated additional wins in areas impacting workers, children and families:
- $350K in increased investment to expand access to long-term job training program Capital IDEA by 70 slots,
- $3 million in added investments in parks, pools and libraries,
- $684K for AISD parents support specialists,
- $520K for Primetime after-school programming, and
- $1.6 Million for property tax breaks for seniors and disabled homeowners.
Setting an Example, Austin Chronicle
Council Wrap Up: Unpacking Council's Brand New Budget, Austin Chronicle
Point Austin: A Living Budget, Austin Chronicle
Why Public Health, Social Service Funding Surged in the Austin Budget, Austin American Statesman [pdf]