As residents, faith leaders, and voters, we support Central Texas Interfaith’s agenda on gun safety, and call on candidates to support legislation to address the repeated gun violence plaguing our communities.
- Expanding background checks
- Raising the minimum age to purchase a firearm to 21
- Red flag laws to prevent those deemed at risk to themselves and others from accessing a firearm
- Restricting high-capacity magazines
- Regulations and licensing of handguns and preventing domestic abusers and felons from purchasing a firearm
Will you sign and commit to vote?
[In photo: Bishop Doyle of the Texas Episcopal Diocese signs Central Texas Interfaith’s gun safety petition after a service at All Saints in Austin.]